Pineapple in syrup
1 ripe pineapple (victoria style)
10 g of Judas Ears
1 vanilla pod
1 dash of kirsch (optional)
1 liter of water
100 g of sugar
- Prepare a syrup by cooking over low heat the water, the sugar, and the vanilla (split and scraped).
- Peel and cut pineapple into small cubes.
- Pour the hot syrup over the pineapple.
- Leave to cool.
- Rehydrate the mushrooms for 20 minutes. When they are reinflated, drain and add them to the pineapple.
- Leave to rest 10 minutes and serve fresh.
Recipe & pictures "Une initiation à la cuisine du champignons", Philippe Emanuelli & Frédéric Raevens, Marabout 2011Download