Caramelised endives with Trumpettes
15 minutes of preparation time - 1h30 of cooking time
8 endive heads
2 spoons brown sugar
1 small glass of white wine
1 knob of butter
40 g of Trumpettes
- Rehydrate the Trumpettes.
- Cut the endive in half, place them cut side down on the lower rack of the oven covered with baking paper.
- Spread over the brown sugar, butter and wine, and cook at 100°C for 1h30.
- Drain the Trumpettes, lightly fry them in the butter for approximately 15 minutes until cooked and crispy.
- Place the endive in a bowl and cover with Trumpettes.
- Add salt if needed.
Recipe & pictures "Une initiation à la cuisine du champignons", Philippe Emanuelli & Frédéric Raevens, Marabout 2011Download